[BC] WLW--when it was 500 kW

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Tue Jul 5 20:45:31 CDT 2005

On 5 Jul 2005 at 20:52, Ted Kendrick wrote:

> It was SSW of the Blaw-Knox, as I recall, across Tylersville rd. on the
> old "Everybodys Farm" property. Later it was used as a backup tower, Fed
> by open wire lines on poles. Thats how it still was when I first saw it in
> the mid-sixties

That would be the same location as the old topo map shows on TerraServer,
and also makes sense with Peter's comment about the taller tower located
toward the direction of skywave suppression.

On the topo map Tylersville Rd. is shown as Maud Rd. The open wire line
would have run almost due south from the transmitter building across the
road to a place near the center of an 8-10 acre plot that fronts on 42
a/k/a Reading Road.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037