[BC] WLW--when it was 500 kW

Paul Christensen attorney
Tue Jul 5 12:17:59 CDT 2005

> Legend has it there also was a time when the full-power was used
> overnight, to send war-time communications to occupied European countries.
> Wasn't it operated as "8XK" during those ("experimental") periods?

I believe WLW's experimental license was 8XO during the 500KW tests.  8XK
was the experimental license of Frank Conrad who is given credit for what
eventually became KDKA.

Paul

Paul Christensen, CPBE
LAW OFFICE OF PAUL B. CHRISTENSEN, P.A.
3749 Southern Hills,  Jacksonville, Florida 32225
Office: (904) 379-7802   Facsimile: (904) 212-0050
pchristensen at ieee.org