[BC] Satellite Radio

Kevin R. in Gilbert, AZ amfmdx
Tue Jul 5 10:01:13 CDT 2005

> Phoenix is not even a top 10 market (it's #15 as an MSA) and HD is rolling
> out first in the larger markets. The drive right now is to get stations
> going, then introduce receivers, a couple of dozen or so of which are in the
> pipelines to the channels.

Dave,

Its the 5th biggest city in the US. Its a consumer rich area. There are NO
IBAC radios. I would buy one if I could find one. You would think there
would be something out there other than a car radio that costs over $500
that you have to get through the internet. If I am spending that money, I
want to hear what I am buying.

I would love to have a portable but reading this...

http://www.billboardradiomonitor.com/radiomonitor/news/business/digital/arti
cle_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000971155

"Right now we could probably make a portable HD radio but it would take a
car battery to make it work."

Makes me believe it will be a long time before IBAC makes it big. Hope the
stations in IBAC have deep pockets to keep sending out a signal to no one
other than a station owner, GM or Eng who has one.

Kevin