[BC] Where old TVs go...

tosenkowsky@prodigy.net tosenkowsky
Mon Jul 4 19:40:46 CDT 2005

When I went off to college in the summer of '73 I made numerous trips to
the dumps, depositing 27 TV sets of all manufacture and size, all 100%
working! These were TV's I rescued from the dumps, throw aways, etc. I
fixed them all. I left a note saying free and working.

To discharge a CRT, use a hammer to break the small plastic key in on the
rear of the tube. Then smash the small glass nipple. The tube will implode
slowly and safely. On some screens you will see a large clear spot where
the inrush of air wore away the coating.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE
former TV repairman junior/senior HS years