[BC] Where old TVs go...

KKTY kkty
Mon Jul 4 15:06:16 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "SHAFFER, RANDY L" , who said...

...with the old picture tube. He knew it was dangerous and wanted to
"defuse" it.
The method he used was to sit the tube in a box outside of his workshop,
then take a metal shotput and fling it out the window
until the tube was hit at the correct spot to implode it.../ /...believe how
easy it was. I took care of the procedure after that and still do it for him
at times. He's graduated to radio and TV transmitters now. :)

*** I can think of a couple of transmitters that I'd like to have thrown
something through... although I think my tool of choice would have been a
javelin, rather than a shot put...

;-)

Dennis Switzer
KKTY AM/FM