[BC] XM only wishes it could get numbers like this!

David Gleason david
Mon Jul 4 11:59:17 CDT 2005

Actually, the figure, depending on source, is between 700 million and 1
billion.

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Bill Sepmeier
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 8:10 AM
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: Re: [BC] XM only wishes it could get numbers like this!

Ron said:

>Well its easy to launch a service when everyone already has the Hardware
>and Software in there hands.

One needs the idea behind the service though, and that's not so easy.

There are over FIVE BILLION radios already out there in the USA right now -
and the best idea we've been able to think of is to make them all OBSOLETE
and force our existing audience to go out and buy new ones that can receive
a service that doesn't sound as good as analog FM on a good day.  All
Apple's doing, with great success, is taking advantage of those five billion

radio's owner's perception of our crappy content / lack of content to launch

competitors! A good idea, since it's rolling out at an unprecedented rate...

perhaps we should counter the move with imporved programming, not a hardware

scam designed mostly to enrich a few folks out in Reno?