[BC] RE: Cobal Blue Card for the 8100

Mike Erickson wirelessmedia
Mon Jul 4 10:36:24 CDT 2005

I've found the best things to run in front of an 8100 is a DBX-168
(set for slowest density and 3-6dB of gain reduction) and a CRL
SEP-800 (set for -6 / Slow / Limit with the yellow LED's just
flickering) and setting the release on the 8100 at 2:30-3:00 or slower
with the clipping at -1 / 0 while driving the metering to about the
halfway point.  I forget where I had the bass couple... I think it was
at 11:00 or so.  HF control was leaning towards clipping.  Had this
set-up at an educational and it was VERY flexible, competitive and
consistant with all the different formats (from Oldies to CHR to
Rock).

What's funny is that they have the same set-up today, but it sounds
like someone has increased the clipping and release time of the Orban.
 Ugly.

=Mike Erickson=

On 7/4/05, Tom Taggart <tpt at eurekanet.com> wrote:
> Goran:
>
> My comments, not Dana's.  If you have an XT you don't need the Cobalt Blue
> card.  It's a hot-rod add-on for a basic 8100.
>
> --

=Mike Erickson=
W1WHN