[BC] XM only wishes it could get numbers like this!

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Mon Jul 4 10:29:39 CDT 2005

In a message dated 07/04/2005 12:19:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
reader at oldradio.com writes:

> Not downing it - I love podcasting from both directions (that probably
>  sounded really dirty to Willie)

No, it did not. I knew exactly what you meant.

> but let's not be too sensational.
>  Podcasters are already beginning to feel fatigue - listening and producing.

Ah, yes... producer's fatigue. I've lost count of the numbers of programs
that came to us for broadcast that "flamed-out" in less than a year. They didn't
realize that what they were *committing* to was a long-term, relentless
schedule that required them to provide fresh content *every* week.

Now, we tell prospective program providers ahead of time that this is the
case. Some of them react like "Oh. I hadn't thought about it that way." and they
thank us for being frank with them. Hey, it saves us a headache in having to
put their program into our lineup, then "hound" them for new content when they
start falling behind, and then have to deal with filling their time slot when
they abandon it.

It is interesting to see how quickly the "commitment" is making podcasters
think twice about continuing.

I host a 1-hour daily music program, and there are times when it gets a
little fatiguing... and I've been at it for 18 years, now, so this is something I
am well-acquainted with.

Willie...
www.mymorninglight.org