[BC] Station For Sale on Ebay

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Mon Jul 4 09:43:31 CDT 2005

I'm not that surprised at what happened to the owner.  after spending years
watching the general manager of a small station barely getting by, no backup
tx, relying on vols for night and weekends, theft, forever having to go to
the bank and renegotiate loans, deadbeat advertisers and block time
purchasers, daily crisis, people quitting with no notice, etc. etc., i
concluded being a gm (or ownner) of a small station would put anyone in an
early grave.    not a job i'd want.

rob atkinson

From: Donna Halper <dlh at donnahalper.com>
Subject: Re: [BC] Station For Sale on Ebay
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 22:49:17 -0400

At 10:41 PM 7/3/2005 -0400, Scott Fybush wrote:

>Hmmm....the seller has a feedback rating of 0, and the auction listing
>specifically says NOT to contact the station itself. Yeah, I'm gonna plunk
>down $300,000 for that...

The seller is dead.  He died of a heart attack after trying for years to
keep the station on the air.  Now the volunteers-- and with minimal income,
the current staff are all volunteers-- are hoping a wealthy person will pony
up the cash so their station won't have to go dark (again)

http://www.radiolists.net/