[BC] electronic shops

CBoone CBoone
Mon Jul 4 00:12:01 CDT 2005

Amateur radio numbers are not dwindling...the ranks of licensed ham radio
ops is actually growing (though the QUALITY of them is questionable)..

With modern equipment using SMD, HOW are you going to repair/replace such?
You DON'T..its all throwaway today..So why should manufacturers sell in
small quantities ICs such as 4000 series CMOS, etc in DIP sizes to small
stores? Its all ab out the economics......most stores that are still open
that sell such do it in large cities (Houston still has EPO and ACE but
that's it..City Electronics and Gateway are gone)

Chris
WB5ITT