[BC] Station For Sale on Ebay

Scott Fybush scott
Sun Jul 3 22:04:38 CDT 2005

At 10:49 PM 7/3/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>At 10:41 PM 7/3/2005 -0400, Scott Fybush wrote:
>
>>Hmmm....the seller has a feedback rating of 0, and the auction listing
>>specifically says NOT to contact the station itself. Yeah, I'm gonna
>>plunk down $300,000 for that...
>
>The seller is dead.  He died of a heart attack after trying for years to
>keep the station on the air.  Now the volunteers-- and with minimal
>income, the current staff are all volunteers-- are hoping a wealthy person
>will pony up the cash so their station won't have to go dark (again)

If I'm reading the website right, Ron Johnson died back in September 2002.
I'm not arguing that the station doesn't need help (I've been following its
struggles, and cheering it on from afar, for years) - but if I had the
$300,000 to rescue the station, I would feel a lot more comfortable dealing
directly with the licensee than with an eBay seller with zero feedback!