[BC] war surplus

Clive Warner clive
Sat Jul 2 17:04:22 CDT 2005

And now I think on, what has happened to the army surplus places?
I used to love those outlets. In the UK, I bought my first VHF receiver from
one, for about the equivalent of $15. It had a 14-tube line up and the
chassis was silver plated copper! I had no trouble converting it to 2
metres. And scopes, excellent ones, at $30 each. But the waste! I saw a
scrap dealer buy 5000 brand new Tektronix scope tubes and crush the lot for
the sake of an ounce of copper in each one.
Can you still buy army surplus gear in the US?
Clive