[BC] Radio in a rut...

Jeff Johnson jjohnson
Fri Jul 1 20:07:18 CDT 2005

>Radio will not be able to compete.  It is a dying medium for music.
>
>=Mike=

Which is the reason we, WVXU, are being bought for $15 million. WGUC,
Cincinnati's classical station, sees the lessening of music radio's
audience and are buying us (news/talk/nostalgia) to secure their future.
This occurs in business when a company in a dying industry buys a company
in a booming industry for the survival of the buyer.

This week we have brought back former hosts and formats for a 'last hurrah'
week before we are subsumed by the 'suits'. Sadness.

Jeff.Johnson at goodnews.net
WVXU/Cincinnati/X-Star Radio Network