[BC] Larry King On Mutual

Tom Dimeo mwamdx
Fri Jul 1 13:48:56 CDT 2005

You are correct about Larry King.  He was on live from
midnight till 5:30 eastern time.  Tony Roberts would come in
do a sports report about 5:20 and apparently Larry would fall
asleep during the report because Tony would always tell him
to wake up and stay with him.

Larry claims to have been the first overnight network radio
program but that isn't correct.  Before him was Long John
Nebel and before him was the Nitecap program with Herb Jepko,
both on Mutual.  When Larry was questioned about it he would
say well, the others were doing a program in New York and
Salt Lake City respectively and Mutual just carried them.

Tom Dimeo

Harrisburg Pennsylvania

** Original Message From: Rob Atkinson **