[AF] El Nino is back...

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Fri Jul 10 13:08:25 CDT 2009

------ At 09:28 AM 7/10/2009, Thomas G. Osenkowsky wrote: -------

>Having visited California several times, I can think of
>a few good things (in no particular order):

Having lived in San Diego for 8 years I think it's a great place to
live if you don't mind being shaken every once in a while. I wish the
original poster would provide some kind of support for his claim
about gas lawnmowers and barbeques.

I called friends in California because I'm sure laws have changed
since I lived there. What the poster is omitting to make his very
weak case is that barbeques are allowed so long as chemical/petroleum
fire starters are not used. Otherwise they're perfectly legal. In
addition, I searched for any mention of such bans and found nothing.
There aren't any.

The regulation of lawn mowers is a city determined issue. So far the
regulations control noise not fuel. If you have a mower that meets
the noise standard it's perfectly legal to use.

In addition, I searched for any mention of such bans and found
nothing. There aren't any.

It's interesting that he lives in another state yet knows all the
laws (incompletely) in every other place in the world.

Rich