[AF] FM antennas for Motorcycles

Kim Sacks radioctrldwife at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 12:12:29 CDT 2009

I'm not sure how many bike riders are on the list but I figured it would be
worth asking my question here.

I would like to add an FM tuner to my motorcycle so I can hear traffic
reports while riding. I have a bluetooth ear piece installed in my helmet
that I use for bike to bike communication. I have a BT transmitter that I
can use to get the audio into my helmet. The only problem is signal
reception of the FM station (WTOP) I want to listen to. So my question (for
bike riders) is what type of FM antennas are available for motorcycles, and
will an antenna add very much wind resistance?

Kim Sacks, KB3MZX
http://youtube.com/user/RadioCtrlDWife
www.optimod.fm
www.optimod.am