[AF] Ha!

Ronald J. Dot'o Sr. ron.doto at comcast.net
Thu Jul 2 18:14:58 CDT 2009

From: "Rich Wood" <richwood at pobox.com>

> I take it you didn't see the 60 minutes piece on gun shows. All of
> those were there with no requirement for a background check. Gun
> shows aren't governed by the same laws as gun shops.
>
> Rich

Yes they are!  Do a little research.  The above statement is just
plain ignorant! If you're a licensed gun dealer at a gun show you
still have to do a background check.  If it's a private sale between
individuals then no check is required, just like outside of a gun
show.  These private sales are what the uninformed and gun grabbers
call the "Gun Show Loophole".  Try not to believe everything you see
on TV.  You should know better.

IMHO background checks for gun purchases is technicallly wrong.  You
don't need a background check to exercise any of your other
Constitutional RIGHTS (NOT privledges) and you shouldnt need the
governments permission to exercise your 2nd. Amend. rights.  Next
you'll need their permission to exercise your free speech or religion.

If you don't like people having guns too  bad, it's still a right.

Ron D